Rainbow Film Festival at University of Leeds
- Tuesday 27 - Friday 30 October, 2015
- Development Seminars
Rainbow Collective, is a unique production company, formed as a social enterprise and committed to raising awareness on issues of human and childrens' rights through powerful cinematic documentaries and have collaborated with Amnesty International, The Consortium For Street Children, War On Want, TRAID, Labour Behind The Label, International Labor Rights Forum and many others.
Over the course of the week, we will be showing a wide variety of their award winning productions in collaboration with a wide variety of colleagues at Leeds.
- Leeds University Centre for African Studies and the Centre for Global Development host AmaZulu and Bafana followed by a discussion: Tuesday, Oct. 27, 6-8.30 pm, Worsley Medical LT (7.35). The PhD network Researchers in Development Network (RiDNet) will be hosting a drinks reception.
- Centre for World Cinemas and Digital Cultures and the School of Media and Communication host Children’s Shorts, followed by a general discussion/workshop on Rainbow Collective and activist film-making and drinks reception in the Terrace: Wednesday, Oct. 28, 5-8pm, School of Media and Communication, Cinema.
- Dept. of Arabic, Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies hosts The Process and Tears in the Fabric followed by a discussion: Thursday, Oct. 29, 5-8pm,, Business School Western LT (G.01). The Director and/or producer of The Process may be able to attend this showing. All attendees will be asked to bring some food for the Films for Food network:http://www.filmsforfood.org
- Dept. of Arabic, Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies (or another unit) hosts Mass E Bhat and Udita (Arise), followed by a discussion. Friday, Oct. 30, 5-8pm, Business School Western LT (G.01).
For full details please see website http://www.rainbowcollective.co.uk/#!rainbow-film-festival/c1f6r